Datto, the global provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers (MSPs) kicked off DattoCon19 in Paris with a message of support and investment for the developing European MSP community.
The company’s fifth annual European partner conference attracted more than 850 MSPs from 26 countries ranging from France to the Faroe Islands to Finland--making it the largest DattoCon ever held in Europe.
According to Canalys, there has been a 25 percent increase each year in SMB spend on managed services from IT providers between 2016 to 2018. The 70 percent increase in attendance from last year’s conference reflects this growth and underscores the desire for more MSP education, networking, best practices, and solutions within the European channel.
“European MSPs play the role of strategic IT advisor to SMBs. This can include deploying continuity and security solutions to protect and maintain access to data and applications in a strict regulatory environment where cyber attacks and accidental data loss are proven to occur,” said Tim Weller, CEO, Datto.
“Datto’s passion and purpose is to fuel the efficiency and growth of these MSPs in a truly open environment where we provide technologies with the ease-of-use we know smaller businesses require and that MSPs appreciate, as they manage a growing client base.”
Mark Simon, Managing Director, EMEA said “The energy and exchange of knowledge at this event during a transformational time in the industry is truly remarkable.
“A key philosophy at Datto is to expand the MSP ecosystem and hosting this event goes hand in hand with our investment in a strong partner community throughout Europe.”
To meet the demands of the European SMB market, the company continues to hire senior leaders and team members in Europe with a special focus on success teams that enable new MSP partners to realize the potential reach and revenue of the technologies, while staying efficient as they grow.
Datto now has nearly 300 employees in eight offices across UK/Ireland, DACH, Nordic, and Benelux regions, and continues to hire aggressively. Datto recently added a new data center in Munich, Germany and is expanding its offices in Copenhagen for a larger presence in the Nordic region.
Datto made numerous product announcements at the event, including:
- Cloud Continuity for PCs, now available in Europe and Canada, is an image-based, all-in-one business continuity solution for PCs that utilizes Datto’s new patent-pending technology. It takes continuous backups and protects critical PC data from ransomware attacks, lost or stolen devices, or accidental deletion. MSPs can now recover an entire PC image or individual files without the need for a local appliance, access reliable backups of PC data, and virtualize backup images in the Datto Cloud.
- Updates to Datto Networking include an all-new native integration with Datto RMM that dramatically streamlines end-user support by reducing movement between management portals. Partners can now easily assess performance capacity, identify related devices, and remotely control ports from the newly designed RMM interface, all at no additional charge.
- Move to single sign-on (SSO) with Datto RMM brings a single, consistent location for MSPs to manage RMM user access. With a single credential, MSPs will now reduce the number of login prompts encountered when moving between Datto solutions. Also, as part of Datto’s commitment to helping MSPs secure clients’ IT environments, two-factor authentication (2FA) will be mandated for all RMM users to protect accounts from unauthorised access. In addition, a new library of scripting components launches with updates monthly, all available at no additional charge to Datto RMM users.
- The SIRIS 4 line of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) devices is now complete with the launch of the SIRIS 4 Business offering featuring new Intel Skylake CPUs for more power and error-correcting memory for more reliable backups. Other Continuity updates include Recovery Launchpad, an all-new cloud recovery tool that features a network configuration interface that allows MSPs to get clients up and running faster during a disaster. Also new is a Universal Backup support for any system running on VMware such as VoIP and security systems, extending the ability for MSPs to protect their clients’ critical data systems as well as any system the business relies on to operate.
- The latest release of Autotask PSA includes a new integration with Microsoft Active Directory, which automatically updates the contact list in Autotask PSA to ensure more accurate billing statements as well as enhanced security. The release also includes an overhaul of the Configuration Item user interface that will increase efficiency when managing many different types of devices and assets that are discovered by an MSP’s RMM tool.
- SaaS Protection offers a new, streamlined client onboarding process to make it easier for MSPs to add new clients. Also announced is expanded support for Microsoft Teams backup including Files, Conversations, and Calendar meetings.