iland Cloud adds to Catalyst
Friday, August 30, 2019
When migrating from traditional data centres to the cloud, organisations must anticipate their cloud resource demands based on the size of applications and how often…
VMware-based DRaaS, IaaS and BaaS service provider, iland Cloud has announced new upgrades to iland Catalyst, a complementary cloud assessment tool that simplifies the journey to the cloud.
The new Catalyst features make it easier for VMware users to avoid over and under-provisioning by modelling requirements for cloud backup, disaster recovery or migration.
When migrating from traditional data centres to the cloud, organisations must anticipate their cloud resource demands based on the size of applications and how often they’re used, and if their workloads are compatible with their cloud services. These factors are often miscalculated.
iland says Catalyst helps prevent this miscalculation by right-sizing cloud environments and ensuring workload compatibility. The cloud assessment tool determines how much bandwidth is needed to optimise application performance and estimates monthly service costs.
New features of the iland Catalyst cloud assessment tool include:
- The ability to calculate annual long-term retention objectives on cloud-based backup scenarios
- Mac OS support to provide Catalyst capabilities for both Windows and Mac environments
- A Veeam Cloud Connect Replication storage calculator to predict storage needs on Veeam-based disaster recovery environments
- Veeam Scale Out Backup Repository (SOBR) object storage calculator to size cloud archives
- Speed-test and bandwidth assessment capabilities for iland’s datacenter in Melbourne, Australia in addition to its eight other global datacenters in Sydney, Los Angeles, Dallas, Washington, D.C., London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Singapore.
iland senior vice president Dante Orsini said “Whether it’s your first time moving to the cloud or if you’re adding more workloads and applications, the last thing you want to do is worry about guessing if your environment is capable of leveraging the cloud and the cost to get there.
“iland Catalyst removes that stress for customers around the world and helps our partner community right-size the cloud for their customers. And the new features we’re announcing today, make Catalyst even more precise and easier to use.”