Westcoast to distribute HTC Vive products
Thursday, January 9, 2020
Through the agreement, resellers will have access to HTC VIVE's VR offerings designed for markets including architecture, construction and engineering; product design; healthcare and medicine…
HTC VIVE has announced an agreement with Westcoast to deliver its virtual reality (VR) products to enterprise resellers.
Through the agreement, resellers will have access to HTC VIVE's VR offerings designed for markets including architecture, construction and engineering; product design; healthcare and medicine; and education.
"VR has the potential to revolutionise the enterprise workplace – with implications for everything from product development, to employee training, to customer experiences" said Daniel O'Brien, General Manager Americas, HTC VIVE.
Graham Wheeler, General Manager for Europe, further added: "Westcoast strive for excellence in everything they do, so they’re the perfect partners to help us meet increasing demand for enterprise VR solutions."
HTC VIVE products available through Westcoast include:
- VIVE Focus Plus, the newest premium VR standalone headset for enterprise customers. The new Focus Plus brings users more immersive experiences, greater comfort for extended VR sessions, and new fresnel lenses to enhance visual clearness.
- VIVE Pro, VR solutions with the potential to shape the future of product design and development from ideas to production. These solutions are compatible with the other leading 3D, PLM and visualization software in the market.
- VIVE Pro Eye, a VR headset built with integrated eye tracking, giving users new levels of accessibility, including gaze-oriented menu navigation. Additionally, it allows businesses and developers to gather more data about their training environments and offer product design unprecedented levels of feedback.
- VIVE Cosmos, a smaller, lighter and more flexible VR headset, built for a plug and play audience. It removes the need for external sensors, making it ideal for workers on the go.
- VIVE Wireless Adapter, an add-on that helps turn the VIVE Pro, VIVE Pro Eye or VIVE Cosmos into an untethered and more flexible VR experience.
Alex Tatham, Managing Director at Westcoast, added: “We’re extremely excited about working with HTC VIVE to bring their VR solutions to the enterprise market. They offer a range of applications for a wide variety of business environments – and given our relationships with partners in almost every sector, we believe we’re well placed to help businesses take advantage of the benefits of VR. HTC VIVE solutions are at the leading edge of enterprise technology, and they will empower business users to unlock a deeper level of innovation and productivity.”