2019 Editorial Calendar
|Issue 1 - February
||Approaching multi-cloud strategies
||Hardware – fighting the margin battle (printers, laptops, tablets)
|Issue 2 - April
||Networking – from the SMB to the Enterprise (SDN & NFV)
||Mobile World Congress
|Issue 3 - June
||The latest in cloud storage (Co-location and the hyperscalers)
|Issue 4 - September
||MSP acceleration – defining your DX strategy
||Managed Desktop (DaaS) and the future of the workplace
|Issue 5 - November
||IoT and the edge – cracking the value chain
||Aligning DRaaS with your security strategy
MSP acceleration – defining your DX strategy
In the era of Anything-as-a-Service, enterprises need to think of suppliers as strategic partners, and need to on-board those with capabilities to deliver end to end support. The ever-increasing number of cloud technologies that companies need to work with today has elevated relevance of managed service providers (MSPs) is reaching an all-time high. Combining this with the digitisation of businesses across the UK and beyond and MSPs are increasingly finding themselves in the middle of customer digital transformation projects.
We will ask the MSP community:
• What are the different MSP models currently in play?
• What are the biggest growth points for the MSP market?
• Are Digital Transformation projects driving new business?
• How important is it for MSPs to bundle services for their clients?
• What are the major pain points and how vendors can help?
Managed Desktop (DaaS) and the future of the workplace
Managed Desktop as a Service offerings have sprung up in the last 12 months which have been met with a mixed response. Partners can sometimes earn as much as 50% of revenues through services, professional and managed, and all-encompassing offerings from the likes of Microsoft and HP have brought into question whether these services are a threat to the MSP community.
We will ask the market:
• What are the major shifts in workplace environments that partners should be aware of?
• Is Managed Desktop as a Service a big Channel opportunity? Has Microsoft threatened their partner base with their new managed service?
• How does DaaS fit in with the current VDI market dynamics? What should partners be aware of here?
• What are the common pitfalls to avoid with selling DaaS?
• What is likely to happen over the next 12 months in this space?
How to submit for editorial inclusion
If you wish to submit to a TBT feature, please ensure you read the brief before compiling your contribution. If you would like to discuss the direction of the article or enquire if your proposed submission is ‘on-message’ you can ask the Editor at TBT_editor@markallengroup.com.
All editorial will be considered based on the merit of the submission alone and is independent of all advertising/event spend with TBT or any of its related publications. We do this to maintain editorial standards and integrity in order to furnish our readers with the highest quality of information and expert opinion. This is not negotiable.